I've been packing to travel off to see old friends, go to weddings, and other occasions lately and it got me thinking of the normal routine I go through before a big event. Below I've listed my top tips of what you need to do to be ready for any red carpet or important date.
- Coffee scrub. Always. When you shower before a big event, always coffee scrub to make sure your body is exfoliated and soft!
- Lip scrub. I always do this the night before so that when I wear lipstick, my lips are nice and plump.
- Make sure your feet are clean. In the case of you wearing heels or sandals, your feet and toes need to be fresh and clean. If you don't have time to run and get a pedicure, do a foot scrub (you can find the recipe for my favorite on my beauty page!), put vaseline on your feet with socks over (uncomfortable but trust me, it's worth it), then keep them on overnight. In the morning, your feet will be good as new and EXTREMELY soft! Make sure your nails are painted as well.
- Plan your makeup accordingly. Pinterest is my go-to as far as makeup and style inspiration goes. I never want it to be unfit for the occasion, so make sure you know what look you're going for before you actually get ready.
- Plan your outfit ahead of time! Don't just plan one, but multiple. We all have those days where an outfit looks great on the hanger but not so much on. Of course, I rely on Pinterest for this too. Look up the occasion and plan well for the weather and event!
- Pack your bag/purse beforehand. You're bound to forget something, so pack it in advance and you can add to it as details of what to bring come to you later.
- Make a list! Make a reminder list, things you need to bring, things you need to do, things you need to buy. I'm a HUGE list person so I always make sure to write one so I don't forget something.
- Relax. Big events are always stressful, so try to take the time to do something for relaxation! Whether it's doing a mud mask or taking a bath, do something to calm your nerves.